To participate in the Media Kids Foundation, Inc. Youth Screenwriters Challenge, middle and high-school students in the United States must create a short film script (8 pages max).
– Students will need screenwriting software – Final Draft (industry standard) or Celtx (free).
This program was designed to foster media arts skills and bring attention to the next generation of media professionals. All youth in the United States are welcome to submit. Entries will be scored by a panel of independent judges. The first place winner will receive $100.
Make your scripts as strong as possible and check formatting. Be sure to consider guides and tutorials on screenwriting. The Screenwriter’s Bible: A Complete Guide to Writing, Formatting, and Selling Your Script by David Trottier is a great resource.
Use your imagination, Be Clever and Creative! Most importantly, tell a great story.
Submit all scripts in PDF format to Hello@MediaKids.org. Include contact information, Name, Phone Number, Email Address, Name of Project in the body of the email.
Subject Line: SCREENWRITERS CHALLENGE
1. Each entrant must be a Middle or High School student (grades 6-12) living in the United States during the 2021 school year.
2. Each entrant may only enter once.
3. Scripts must not exceed 8 pages.
4. The entering student must be the primary creator.
5. Submit Script Prior to the Deadline: August 31, 2021 at 6pm.
6. Have fun and get excited about your future as a Content Creator!