As an entrepreneur, it can be hard to describe exactly what you do to other adults, much less to your kids. We learned that the best way to explain what we do is by teaching the young ones how they can be entrepreneurs themselves. The Kidpreneurs Challenge is designed to get youth involved in business early by fueling their curiosity in simple, engaging, creative and safe ways. Our goal is to outline some basic tools and strategies kids can use to gain some valuable experience in starting, managing and growing a successful business venture.
- Brainstorm and create a business idea.
- Make a plan and put it on paper.
- Create a verbal pitch to get funding for your business.
- Record your pitch on video in one minute or less.
- Send us your pitch in an mp4 format to Hello@MediaKids.org. You may also use WeTransfer to send the files. Make sure you introduce your business and include your name, phone number and email address. Also include how much it would take to fund your business.
- You could win a cash prize to fund your project and be named Kidpreneur of the year!
- Deadline August 31, 2021 at 6pm.
- Open to all ages up to 17.
Check out the infographic below for five simple steps you can take to help teach your kids, however young, about the building blocks of discipline, structure and planning that build a foundation of entrepreneurship. With these steps you can show your kids what it takes to be entrepreneurs, or as we like to call them, kidpreneurs. Some say it’s never too late. We say it’s never too early!